Do you fancy a 4-day working week?
I am recruiting for an experienced Senior Building/Maintenance Caretaker for my client based in Birmingham, they are offering a salary of circa £22500.
As the Senior Building/Maintenance Supervisor you will be working across 2 sites in Birmingham and will be responsible for basic grounds maintenance, portering, minor building maintenance, security and some front of house duties; for larger maintenance you will be responsible for arranging contractors to complete work. You will be in control of the building's health and safety, ensuring all is up to date including fire alarm testing and you will also be the key holder.
You will need to be physically fit as this role require you to be on your feet most of the day and you will be expected to complete some heavy lifting duties.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Ensure the environment is maintained and kept in a clean & orderly manner
- Maintain a rota system to ensure necessary front of house coverage is always maintained
- General basic maintenance duties such as unblocking sinks and toilets, repairing door handles, cleaning light fittings and replacing where necessary minor parts such as tubes, bulbs and diffusers
- Where specialist / expert tradespeople are needed: contacting and making site visit arrangements; getting quotes as necessary
- Undertake grounds maintenance duties such as street sweeping, litter picking, leaf clearance
- Undertake office furniture moves and the setup of rooms
- Recognise pests, diseases and weeds and control using correct materials and equipment following COSHH regulations
- Monitor the CCTV and alarm systems, test the fire alarm systems
- Respond to emergency situations and provide first responder actions
- Provide support to reception services, including attending to phone calls/switchboard in a professional manner
- Enter and maintain data electronically or manually as required including daily reports
Monday - Thursday - 8.30am - 18.45pm
- Comfortable in completing a DBS security check
- Previous experience in providing high quality building and minor maintenance service
- Ideally be a driver and able to commute easily across 2 sites in Birmingham
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to identify potential risks and undertake risk assessments
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- First aid, Fire Warden and IOSH certificates would be ideal but not essential
- Willingness to undertake training including: First Aid, Health and Safety, Fire Warden
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION AND ARE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THIS VIA YOUR CV AND AN INTERVIEW***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Circa £22500 salary
- 4 day working week
- 28 days annual leave per year, pro rata (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 additional closure days)
- Attractive pension
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***