Senior Business and Operational Delivery Administrator - Band 5
£12.74 per hour, Monday - Friday.
Key deliverables will include:
- Maintaining and improving the quality of demographic data on the Personal Demographics Service (PDS) - the PDS is the national, authoritative source of patient demographics data for the whole of the NHS.
- First line supervision and management of a team of approximately 8 staff.
- Manage the prioritisation and distribution of work received.
- Ensure agreed service levels are met.
- Undertake quality assurance of work completed by Demographic Administrators (DAs).
- Monitor DAs' performance.
- Develop DAs' strengths and identify DAs' weaknesses/training needs.
- Provide training/coaching to DAs.
- Undertake first line manager responsibilities for example, performance monitoring and Personal & Development
In this role you will;
- Work collaboratively with other Demographic Supervisors to support operational activities to maintain and improve the quality of demographic data on the PDS and manage PDS demographic records through investigating and resolving complex PDS data quality incidents and service requests reported by NHS-wide organisations. Other activities include responding to a wide range of trace requests from a wide range of non-NHS organisations.
- Operate a workflow management framework which is used for all NBO operational activities, and effectively manage workflow to ensure correct priority is applied to different types of work to enable the agreed service levels to be achieved.
- Pay paramount importance to accuracy to ensure patients can be readily identified by healthcare professionals and associated quickly and accurately with their correct medical details.
- Complete specified quality assurance processes to the required standard and in a timely manner. These include analysing actions taken by DAs to ensure correct data quality resolution decisions have been made and operational processes have been complied with.
- Assess resource available and distribute work in line with agreed priorities ensuring administrators are aware of their daily allocation of work, and monitor team workload to ensure even and proportionate distribution of work, whilst taking account of available resource and agreed service levels.
- Have excellent customer service skills and a keen eye for detail in an environment that is committed to the proper governance and secure use of patient data.
An understanding of NHS systems and dataflows along with experience of NBO services is desirable.
All activities involve handling personal and often sensitive data, and you will be required to ensure that operational activities operate in accordance with data protection legislation - General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA2018). Security clearance may be required.
If this is the role for you, apply today!