Interested in working within the Public Sector for a leading organisation?
Brook Street (UK) Ltd are recruiting a Senior Clerical Officer for the Education Authority Northern Ireland within their Admissions Department in their Armagh Office.
This role will be starting immediately and is expected to last several months. Most roles we have placed candidates into within Education Authority Northern Ireland have been extended beyond the original term, some of our candidates have secured promotions within the organisation, and some have been given contracts with our client.
Typical Duties will include:
- To provide administrative support in relation to all aspects of the work of the programme using the full range of IT equipment including word processing/typing, databases, spreadsheets, email, fax, intranet and internet facilities.
- To provide advice and assistance to Education Authority officers, customers, the public and other professionals in respect of agreed aspects of the service and as directed by the programme manager.
- To support in undertaking comprehensive research and investigations as required by senior officers.
- The assistance in the collation of factual data and statistical information from various sources in order to support the work of identified officers within the service.
- Preparation of letters, minutes, notes and other clerical support to officers as appropriate and as directed by the programme manager.
- To use initiative, tact and diplomacy in responding to queries, issues and problems which arise within the section in the absence of the programme manager.
- To order and monitor supplies of stationery and office requisitions for all staff within the section along with diary management of stakeholders.
- To be responsible for maintaining efficient recording and filing systems within the service as directed by the programme manager.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a busy team with excellent organisational skills
- Professional and effective telephone techniques along with good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work across school admissions teams in all admissions regions.
- Flexible approach to working pattern as the post may occasionally involve some evening/weekend working hours.
To apply for this vacancy, candidates must have the equivalent of five GCSEs at grade C or above and at least one year administrative experience.
The rate of pay is £10.29 per hour, the hours of work are 0900-1700, and the days of the week are Monday to Friday.
If you would like to apply for this role, please call Melissa or Natasha at Brook Street (UK) Ltd on 028 90 881100 or email your CV via the `Apply` link.