The post holder will also be responsible for reviewing claims received for excepted items and VAT, and liaising with schools to resolve any discrepancies. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Preparation of budget share payments to schools including calculation and updating of individual schools spreadsheets.
2. Processing teacher costs information for GMI schools and monitoring of teaching budget on a monthly basis including identifying and resolving variances.
3. Checking, monitoring, calculating and administering claims on a case by case basis, in relation to excepted items to ensure compliance with required financial arrangements including costs associated with: ? staff substitution ? maternity leave ? statemented pupils ? redundancy payments.
4. Verifying and processing of payments for rented accommodation and rates for GMI schools.
5. Scrutinising of school annual accounts to highlight and resolve any mathematical discrepancies.
6. Verifying and processing of VAT for payments monthly and liaising with schools regarding queries. 7. Collating information required to complete budget statements and outturn reports for both VGS/GMI sector. 8. Providing specific advice, guidance and support to schools in relation to completion of claims, financial processes and payments in compliance with required financial arrangements
9. Annual validation of pupil census data and free school meals entitlement.
10. Updating and maintaining individual school spreadsheets and all financial records in an accurate and timely manner.
11. Planning and prioritising own work to ensure all required deadlines are met.
12. Assisting with preparation of reports, forecasts and other financial information as required by EA management and external bodies.
13. Responding directly to enquiries from schools and follow up on outstanding documentation required.
14. Complying with all relevant statutory financial practices, procedures and guidance and interpret as appropriate in order to provide relevant meaningful advice, guidance and support to schools.
15. Providing general administrative support such as communication to schools and support to the team in relation to all aspects of the work of the team as required.
16. Undertaking training and development activities including technical training, as required, to ensure knowledge and skills are kept up to date in relation to all job requirements.
17. Undertaking any other duties commensurate with the grade which may be assigned.
These Belfast-based roles pay £10.29 per hour, and our client expects the roles to remain in place until at least the end of May. Many people we`ve placed with Education Authority Northern Ireland have already been taken on to contracts directly with our client in previous months, many others have had their temporary contracts extended, and others have applied for and secured promotions within the organisation.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK WITH AN ORGANISATION WHICH WILL GIVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO DEVELOP AND TO APPLY FOR FUTURE ROLES INTERNALLY?
IF SO, APPLY FOR THESE VACANCIES BY CALLING BROOK STREET (UK) LTD ON 028 90 881100 OR BY EMAILING YOUR CV VIA THE `APPLY` LINK.