I am recruiting for a Senior Commercial Claims Handler for a leading UK Insurance Broker based on the outskirts of Birmingham, they are offering a basic salary of circa £30,000.
As the branch's Senior Claims Handler, you will be responsible for the full claims process of their clients, owning the claim from start to finish. The brokerage work with over 200 insurers so you will be covering a full range of commercial claims; you will be the first point of contact for any client claim and duties will include meeting with the client and assessing any damage/claim when required, liaising with insurers, surveyors, solicitors and loss adjusters, collecting information and documents required for the claim and feeding back both accepted and rejected claims to the client (and everything in between).
This is a new role to the business and is a fantastic time to join an insurance brokerage who have exciting plans in place for real growth, including a new office and increase in headcount where you could end up having a team of claim handers working under you in the future if this is your ambition.
A leading and longstanding UK independent insurance broker who offer support to and cover a wide range of sectors including but certainly not limited to commercial, property, motor, specialist and personal.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Take ownership of your clients claim, from initial contact through to claim pay-out/rejection
- Arrange site visits to meet with clients to assess/discuss their claim
- Work closely with your clients to ensure they understand the claim process and advise on an action plan for their claim
- Liaise with the client's insurer, providing proof of claim
- Monitor your clients claim throughout the whole process
- Feedback to your client regarding outcome, including any reasons for rejection
- Build and maintain relationships across the commercial insurance market - including with insurers, solicitors, loss adjusters, surveyors, suppliers
- Ensure that strict compliance, polices and procedures are adhered to
- Completing data verification, integrity & accuracy checks
- Interact in a professional and efficient manner with internal and external stakeholders and departments
- Experience within commercial insurance is essential including areas such as fleet and property (water damage, break ins, fire etc.)
- Experience working within insurance brokerage is essential
- Working as a claim's handler, having responsibility from start to finish of your clients claims
- Experience of visiting clients on a face to face basis to assess and advice on their claim
- Experience of collating relevant documentation to support your clients claim
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with others (directors, colleagues and external clients), both verbally and in writing
- A problem solver who is curious in mindset with strong analytical and investigative skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Started/completed the CII examinations would be a bonus but not essential
- Stable work history, be able to explain reasons for leaving previous positions
**PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE**
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Circa £30,000 basic salary dependent on experience
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Opportunity for career progression
- Other benefits can also be considered
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your CV has not been selected on this occasion***