Senior Development Technologist
Out Skirts of Leeds
Up to £35,000 depending on Experience
You could be working for an industry leading company. The successful candidate will be joining the busy & passionate Development team in Leeds.
Main duties include:
* To provide a site-based resource within the development department to own and manage NPD, EPD and VAVE (value adding, value engineered) projects for the site for the customer base from initial ideation to process handover.
* Develop up until process handover and ensure the products meet both the customer and company expectations, whilst satisfying all relevant technical and operational criteria, thus delivering a timely and faultless successful launch, supported by the relevant site functions.
* *While responsibilities are site based there will be the requirement for travel between sites and to customers.
* Understands what a good job looks like (WAGJLL) for internal panels
* Independently assesses samples for internal panels and seeks sample sign off with NPD manager/controller before dispatch to customer
* Manage retailer panels & present to retailer with confidence and supporting rationale
* Maintain project files with detailed notes and record chronologically so that samples can be reproduced at any time. Ensure that all relevant stage and gate documents are signed, scanned and saved.
* Ensures direct reports keep all required records in an auditable order including but not exclusive to internal and BRC audits. Attends audits on behalf of development if required
* Be champion of the stage and gate process; providing feedback on existing record sheets and procedures and demonstrate WAGJLL.
* Responsible for critical path adherence for their projects up to concept handover and oversees project delivery through to launch.
* Independently Chairs and/or attends stage and gate meetings in a supporting role to approve/sign off and actively contributes. distribute minutes/actions in a timely manner
* Works with the technical team to ensure all product claims are effectively validated.
What's needed from you?
* A strong technical knowledge ideally provided from experience (min 2 years) from chilled/within a similar field
* Experience with retailer NPD systems
* Must be in possession of a full valid driving licence
* Awareness of factory equipment and processes
* Strong team player
* Demonstrate a genuine interest and understanding of food
* Comfortable working in an office, factory or kitchen environment
FULL JOB SPEC AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
This is fantastic opportunity for anyone looking for a great career with a well-established company.
If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you. SUBMIT YOUR CV NOW
Any questions or to arrange a discreet chat, please email / 07515 325 150