Up to £23.61 per hour
16 days ago
Senior Executive Officer - Communications Manager- Public Safety Group
Location: London - Close to Victoria Station
Pay rate: £23.61
Period of contract: 6 months
Hybrid working: 2 days in the office
Full time: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm/8am to 4pm (fairly flexible)
Start date: As soon as security clearance has been passed
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to work on one of Governments biggest programmes, supporting the essential services provided by our Emergency Services. The Emergency Services Network (ESN) Programme is creating the next generation mobile communications network, including secure and resilient voice and broadband data services.
You will apply and deliver high quality, informative and accurate communications to support the programme as it goes through some significant changes. You need to have an excellent understanding of the communication mix as well as GCS best practice tools and techniques. You will need to have a creative approach to ensure we get the most out of our opportunities and have a great head for detail.
- Management and co-ordination of a regular drum beat of communications across and outside of the programme
- Creation of content for use across multiple channels including newsletters, collateral, digital and presentations
- Plan and deliver events, campaigns, and activities to support business objectives and significant milestones
- Co-ordination and tactical management of large-scale meetings; from inception to delivery, this will include development of themes and agendas, through to event delivery and on the day management
- Management of the programme's attendance at a range of exhibitions and external conferences; this will include working with suppliers, staff and presenter logistics and on-site delivery
- Reaching out to internal and external stakeholders and other organisations which are interested
- Experience of creating and delivering internal and/or external communications within a central government department or a large public sector organisation
- Ability to create high quality written material, this will include content development for internal and external communications; taking complex and technical information and translating it clearly and coherently to engage our various audiences
- Experience of working independently as well as collaboratively as part of fast paced, high performing team
- Experience of working with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders; interpreting and understanding their requirements and managing their expectations
- Access to tools to understand the programme and the job requirements within the communications team. Be able to immerse into the team and integrate quickly.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.