Brook Street (UK) Ltd are recruiting a Senior Executive Officer for our leading Public Sector client, The Education Authority Northern Ireland, Ballymena.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Northern Ireland largest public sector Employer.
As a temporary Senior Executive Officer, you will provide advice and assistance to Education Authority officers, customers, the public and other professionals as directed by the Programme Manager.
You will be responsible for up to 15 members of staff. You will provide efficient administrative support for the daily functional and operational staff.
You will be proficient in MS Packages such as Excel, Outlook and Word. You will be confident in the daily use of spreadsheets and databases and will conduct typing and word-processing duties.
As the successful Candidate: -
- You will be responsible for the supervision of administrative staff in the section including the management and allocation of duties.
- You will provide administrative support for aspects of the work of the section using the full range of IT equipment including typing, databases, spreadsheets, email, intranet and internet facilities.
- You will provide advice and assistance to Education Authority officers, customers, the public and other professionals.
- You will also assist in the collation of factual data and statistical information from various sources in order to support the work identified;
- You will prepare letters, minutes, notes and other clerical support to officers as appropriate.
- You will review the performance of reporting staff, identifying individual/team training requirements and initiating further training.
- You will contribute to the Business plan setting, reviewing, and/or identifying performance measures and targets for the effective and efficient delivery of service
- Good organisational skills and ability to organise a busy workload to deliver effective results on time.
- Flexibility to meet changing demands as required and to prioritise and delegate as required
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others as part of a team
- Ability to use own initiative and judgement to solve problems and respond to others
- Ability to take a responsive and customer focused approach to work
- Ability to lead and direct a team or provide specialist advice and guidance where required.
You will also have either an NVQ Level 3, BTEC National or two A levels or equivalent and a minimum of three year's experience in an office based administrative role.
You will benefit from: -
- Full training and induction
- Work with a leading Public Sector Organisation
- The opportunity (however not guaranteed) to apply for internal roles
- Accrue holiday hours as you work
- Brook Street (UK) Ltd back office support and mentoring
- No weekend work (Shift pattern Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
The rate of pay is £13.57 per hour, the hours of work are 0900-1700 Monday to Friday.
If you would like to apply for this role, please call Natasha at Brook Street (UK) Ltd on 028 90 881100 or email your CV via the `Apply` link.