A company based in Berkhamsted is looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to join their team on a temporary basis.
You MUST be CCAB Qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA).
You will play an integral part of the business and have proven abilities in financial and management accounting including budgeting, statutory accounts preparation and projects appraisal.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the reporting, budgeting and income processes.
You will be expected to be pro-active, professional and dedicated with the ability to manage a team and influence staff at all levels whilst delivering continuous improvements and work closely with other heads of department.
You will represent this great company and uphold their reputation and values.
You will have a substantial and demonstrable post qualification financial background.
Some of your duties will include:
* Prepare monthly management accounts and develop partnerships with budget holders and other responsible officers to better understand issues affecting the annual budgeting process, business activity, nominal code analysis etc
* Prepare the year-end audit pack for the statutory audit and oversee the audit process
* Co-ordinate the annual budget process; supporting budget holders throughout, including dealing with queries, monitoring the process and reviewing the budget submissions for completeness. Follow up on any emerging queries and prepare the Hospice's consolidated budget reports
* Prepare the quarterly VAT returns for review and sign off by the Finance Director. Act as key Finance Team contact on any VAT issues and ensure that robust systems are in place to comply with HMRC requirements
* Ensure that system processes are clearly documented (income; payments; payroll; petty cash; approvals; bank reconciliations; control account reconciliations etc)
* Ensure that the sales ledger is run efficiently and effectively and that the Hospice's income policies are strictly adhered to.
* Ensure that when handling personally identifiable and sensitive information your conduct and that of your direct reports is consistent with the requirements of GDPR Act
For this role you will need to have substantial and demonstrable post qualification finance skills and evidence of continuous professional development in aspects of Leadership and Management.
A thorough understanding of the underlying concepts and principles of finance including legislative and/or regulatory frameworks VAT.
Working knowledge of complex financial management systems would be desirable.
If you are interested in this role, please call Susanna on 01923235015 or click now to apply!