Snr Front-End Developer with very strong knowledge of Front-end technologies, but with some basic appreciation of back-end technologies gained whilst working on web-based applications within a larger agile team. Semi-remote - can work from home 2/3 days per week.
The successful candidate will become the front-end expert within a team of back-end and full-stack developers and will be responsible for the front-end design, development, up-keep and technical review of our SaaS solution used to deliver services to our global corporate clients. In addition to completing technical design and development work, the individual will review the design and development working undertaken by other less experienced team members and provide feedback and guidance as required.
For this role, we are looking for a front-end developer with a background in the front-end design and development of B2B web-based solutions and hands on experience working alongside an offshore development team, either within the IT department of a corporate, a software based product company, or bespoke software development house.
Responsibilities - Software Design and Development
- Part of in-house development team, working alongside full-stack and back-end developers as required
- Work collaboratively with our offshore development teams, develop code and represent Company's interests to ensure quality deliverables from our outsourced teams
- Undertake the detailed front-end software design and development work for Company's online products covering a wide range of Trade Finance instruments
- Support the Head of Technical Architecture and Security to agree front-end design and industry best practice and ensure they are implemented. This will include recommendations to re-factor existing code and/or introduction of new developer frameworks
- Work closely with the respective Product Owners and Business Analysts to help evolve and create new products across the entire suite
- Being part of Agile Development project teams, working on one or more projects in parallel
Skills and Experience (E)ssential, (D)esirable
- Previous experience working for a software product company, SaaS company or software development house (E)
- Experience of implementing several web-based applications with complex UI dynamic pages (forms, graphs and grids) that interact with backend services (E)
- B2B or B2C SaaS cloud-based solutions (E)
- Front-End Technologies :
- Experience of User Experience and User Interface design (D), including screen design / mockups (E), Multi-lingual design (D) and compliance to US / EU Accessibility Regulations (E)
- Understanding of Web Application security and encryption techniques (E)
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies such as Kanban/Agile (E) and tools such as Jira and Confluence (E)
- Experience working with remote/offshore Development Teams (E)
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Ability to articulate technical issues clearly and concisely with both on-shore and off-shore Development Teams (E)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively and the ability to present oneself in a calm, professional manner whilst under time and schedule pressure (E)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills (E)
- Fluent English (E), any other languages useful not essential
- Team player. Comfortable working in a small company environment and "hands-on" in the sense of doing what needs to be done in a small organisation (E)
- HTML (E)
- CSS (E)
- AngularTS (E)
- Bootstrap (E)
- Unit and User Interface Testing (E)
- AngularJS (D)
Candidates must be based in the UK and within a commutable distance to the Surrey/London area with full Visa status or Passport to work permanently in the UK.