Do you have experience within web development and coaching a team of web developers?
Who's right for the job?
The responsibilities of the role…
- Mentor and develop team members to improve their technical skillsets and their adherence to good practice software engineering methods
- Encourage team members to increase their knowledge in analysis, architecture, application design and the development-test cycle
- Become an expert in at least one core business system and associated business processes; be proactive in sharing knowledge of the business systems with the wider team
- Ensure a good understanding of each user story and the expected outcome and suggesting areas where IT can assist business objectives and requirements and improve productivity
- Active involvement in sprint planning sessions to breakdown the user story into sub-tasks
- Active involvement in backlog refinement in validating the user stories and writing the business driven development (BDD) scenarios for each user story
- Take ownership of delivery and meeting the sprint goal and provide regular updates on progress against commitment, and any impediments blocking development
- Manage resources effectively and ensure they are aligned to business needs, escalating concerns to management where appropriate
- Responsible for providing support for releases including the production of release notes and system design documentation as well as assisting in rectifying any live issues
- Conduct performance reviews and 1-2-1 meetings with team members
- Deputise for the Development Team Leader when necessary to ensure effective management of the team and tasks
- Ensure that fair treatment of customers is integral to the operation of area of responsibility
In return for your hard work, our client offers a competitive salary of £40,000 - £45,000, depending on experience. Working hours are standard office hours. My client also offers a comprehensive range of flexible benefit options including 25 days holiday with the option to buy additional days, company pension, private medical insurance, discounted gym membership and discounts with a wide range of retailers!
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as soon as possible. This will involve an initial phone call followed by a two stage face to face interview if successful.
For more information or a detailed job specification including responsibilities, please contact Lauren at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV at .