We are currently recruiting for a Senior Occupational Health Advisor to join the Head Office of a large not for profit organisation based in North London, on a full-time permanent basis starting as soon as possible.
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered for this role you must have been working in the UK for the last 5 years consecutively and have not been overseas for more than 6 months during this time.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and hold an OH qualification at certificate, diploma or degree level
- A successful track record of consistent achievement as an Occupational Health professional in a multi-disciplined operational organisation
- Previous exposure to managing relationships with customers and other internal stakeholders across a variety of levels in a service provision context
- Proven leadership qualities including the ability to motivate, inspire and support when required
- Background in dealing with complex occupational health cases
- Substantial occupational health knowledge including up to date knowledge of applicable legislation, best practice principles and regulatory requirements
- Full knowledge of the administration, policies and procedures in relation to health and welfare requirements, conditions of service, pension regulations, Home Office directives and relevant circulars
- Strong negotiating, influencing and interpersonal communication skills with the sensitivity to provide support across a variety of situations
- Proficient in producing clear, legible concise and accurate records, letters and reports on OH issues
- Ability to develop and improve occupational health service delivery to the business
- Support the Health and Wellbeing Lead in the development of occupational health Policies that are fit for purpose, legally compliant and meet the needs of colleagues and customers
- Maintain management information concerning occupational health service reporting, providing regular reports as required and taking remedial action as appropriate
- Develop, secure and manage the provision of a range of outsourced supplier activity related to occupational health including vaccination, physiotherapy, pre- employment screening to the required company service and commercial standards ensuring that all required procurement procedures are followed and competitively priced value for money services are obtained.
- Manage customer and colleague relationships (internally and externally) so as to maximise the effectiveness of the company and ensure the good reputation of both. Liaise with external agencies as required to exchange information in support of a proactive and timely approach to case management.
- Supervise the caseload delivered by the occupational health team, working closely with the occupational health Senior Administrator. Act as an escalation point, resolving queries from the Advisors and taking on complex cases.
- Work with colleagues to maintain a knowledge of best practice and developments in Service Delivery & occupational health, recommending development of the team as appropriate, so that up to date skills, and approaches can be made available to the company to maximise its performance.
- Contribute advice, ideas and support to the activities being led by Head of Safety & Wellbeing to maximise effectiveness on these topics. Attend and contribute to meetings so that team cohesion, consistency, innovation and productivity are maximised in line with the company`s overall needs and goals.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to part of a well-known company within the public sector than please submit your application.