Job Title - Senior Process Development Technologist
Salary - is dependant on experience and discussed at interview stage / Negotiable
Hours of work- Monday- Friday 8am- 5pm (however flexibility around core working hours is essential)
Following site approval of projects / process handover is responsible for the management and execution of successful scale up of products into the factory to meet both the customer and our clients expectations, whilst satisfying all relevant technical and operational criteria in line with critical path.
To work with passion and pride at all times demonstrating this through results and in-depth knowledge of food and site processes.
While responsibilities are site based there will be the requirement for travel between sites and to customers.
Main responsibilities are-
- Understands what a good job looks like (WAGJLL) for customer technical handover panels
- Independently assesses samples for customer sign off panels and seeks sample sign off with NPD manager/controller before dispatch to customer
- Understands WGJLL for customer specific and internal paperwork; Accurately completes in full and a timely manner
- Manage retailer technical handover / trial sign off panels, presenting to retailer with confidence and supporting rationale
- Ensures direct reports keep all required records in an auditable order including but not exclusive to internal and BRC audits. Attends audits on behalf of process development if required
- Be champion of the stage and gate process; providing feedback on existing record sheets and procedures and demonstrate WAGJLL.
- Responsible for critical path adherence for their projects from concept handover to launch and oversees artwork project delivery.
- Works to validated via trials product commercials including but not limited to yields, giveaway, labour to ensure on upscale products meet forecasted aspirations for both the customer and site;
- Will proactively highlight where commercial aspirations are compromised and works with key stakeholders to find solutions to mitigate / meet targets whilst still delivering product requirements.
- Ensures that they and their direct reports provide finance and commercial with validated recipes, yields, labour and giveaways prior to site handover for launch.
- Verifies suitability of new raw materials including butchery specifications for both customer and site.
- Once new raw materials are approved for launch completes new raw material applications to generate supplier specifications for approval in an accurate and timely manner.
- A strong process development knowledge ideally provided from experience (min 3 years) from chilled/within a similar field
- Experience with retailer processes
- Demonstrates good customer service, both internally and externally
- Experience of people management whether this be direct or indirect
- Must be in possession of a full valid driving licence
- Awareness of factory equipment and processes
- Strong team player and is known for working for the good of the team
- Ability to create a favourable first impression, project yourself well and present with confidence
- Able to enjoy working within a fast-moving environment with change and high expectations
- Demonstrate a genuine interest and understanding of food
- A proven track record of project management, with good communication skills & well organised
- Must be comfortable working and being hands on both in the factory and office environment
- Flexible, detail conscious and self-starter
- Problem solving mindset
- Group and site induction.
- Level 2 H&S awareness.
- Understanding of relevant risk assessments and trained as competent to safe working procedures.
- Understanding and application of hazard identification and near miss reporting.