I am currently seeking a Senior Procurement professional to work for a well established company based in Birmingham, the ideal candidate will be part CIPS qualified and ideally have previous experience within a food service environment but this is not essential. Excellent benefits and development available within a fast paced and friendly team.
- Act as the main point of contact for the client, to respond and resolve queries quickly, keeping the client appropriately updated. Own the escalation of issues where appropriate and ensure resolutions meet expectations
- Maintain a clear understanding of the contract and create transparency by effectively communicating the deliverable required. Understand the risks and ensure mitigation plans are in place to ensure contract performance is delivered
- Maintain an accurate and in-depth knowledge & understanding of the operational capabilities of Pelican's e-Procurement Systems
- Ensure the e-Procurement Systems are maintained and kept current
- Respond and deliver ad hoc system support requests. Identify system and training improvements, providing feedback to the IT team
- Take ownership of client reported system issues, making sure updates and resolutions are communicated back in a professional and positive manor.
- Provide best in class system support, training and advice to clients and suppliers.
- Actively support key stakeholders in the technical tender process providing client insight, and accurate business services
- Identity areas for potential growth in the contract, and work with the Procurement Manager to build upon these opportunities
- Project management new supply chain opportunities and other activities as agreed with the Procurement Manager and client
- Build a strong rapport with all stakeholders, work closely to understand how their future may impact upon the contract. Share timely insight with the Procurement Manager and provide appropriate support to evolve the contract to meet objectives
- Facilitate and resolve supply chain issues, credit requests and act as the point of contact to ensure contract terms and KPIs are met
- Undertake accurate indicative price benchmarking and analysis of purchasing data. Present and communicate the information as required
- Ensure contract documentation, due diligence and purchasing agreements are managed effectively and in accordance with professional purchasing practices
- Negotiate with Suppliers to ensure prices are competitive in the marketplace. Accurately reflect changes in the price lists and request catalogue updates
- Facilitate allergen and nutritional request management and ensure Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) compliance
- Facilitate the monthly Purchase to Pay process completion, liaising with e-billing client and suppliers to achieve deadlines.
- Arrange and run supplier review meetings with smaller volume suppliers and follow up action points raised.
If this sounds of interest, please apply today, call Lisa on 01483 700 500.