BS Social Care are looking for a compassionate Senior Residential Support Worker to join an established client in Derby who supports Children and Young people aged 08-18 in a residential care environment. This is an urgent opportunity, and I already have interview dates available.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support for young people who display emotional , behavioural, and social difficulties (EBD) by empowering them to express their cultural, ethnic, religious, sexual or social diversity, informing and promoting their rights as children and young people.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Concise reports
- Committed to good quality
- Dealing with challenging behaviour (Physical/ Mental)
- Teaching Life Skills
- Finance Management
- Support with education
- Shift Patterns (Weekends/ Sleep Ins, Bank Holiday)
- Supporting with Emotional needs
- Act as a key worker
- Managing Rotas
- Liaising with External agencies, police, housing
- Training Meetings
- Work within OFSTED guidelines
- Involvement with recruitment (hiring staff)
Essential for the role:
- A level 3 in Children and Young People`s Workforce/NVQ 3 in health and social care (children and young people) including experience working with children in residential settings.
- You will need to be able to cover additional hours at short notice and be flexible to the needs of the home
- You must hold a driver`s licence with your own vehicle.
- Commitment to working shift patterns, on 2 days on 4 days off basis to include evenings, early mornings, weekends, bank holidays on a rota basis. Sleep Ins are required for this role.
- Fully enhanced DBS for children and adult`s workforce
What`s in it for you:
- A generous salary of £19,000 - £19,680
- Pay rise after 6 months. Sleep Ins £45 per sleep, 5.6 weeks annual leave. Paid training with external provider.
- Full Induction Continued in house/ external training.
I have immediate availability for interviews, to avoid disappointment, please apply today!