An exciting opportunity has become available to work as a Senior Reward Policy Advisor for a Government body. The role is a temporary, full time position; working Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week and is working from home.
To ensure the client's HR delivery is targeted and focused on meeting their specific needs of the client. The role will contribute to the progression of the future pay and reward strategy, including: working with analysts on pay modelling; assist with policy review and development, undertaking consultation with key internal and external stakeholders and implementing resultant changes, and contributing to departmental responses.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Interpret Government policies and current thinking to develop reward strategies which meet business requirements;
- Liaise with payroll provider and other HR delivery partners to ensure effective implementation of policies. Commission relevant technical and system/process changes and new requirements to ensure compliance to policy and legislation;
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders and engaging with departments, to ensure the service continues to add value and provide expert, timely and innovative strategic reward advice;
- Lead on various strands of work to develop proposals, working closely with analytical colleagues, reward leads in the department and its agencies and change programme leads to test and model how these will work in practice;
- Provide advice to senior stakeholders on interpreting policy and provide strategic advice to senior management on a wide range of key reward areas including base pay, pay on appointment and transfer, allowances, expenses, overtime and mark-time pay;
- Maintain Reward policies to ensure they are fit for purpose, including arranging publication of changes according to protocols. Attending Civil Service working groups where required;
- Share responsibility for Reward casework management including monitoring, management escalation, resolution of Reward Inbox queries and process improvement;
- Manage online and physical documents according to agreed protocols, and GDPR compliance within the Reward Team including the management and retention period of documents;
- CIPD Level 3/5
If this role sounds like something you'd be interested in, please apply.