I am recruiting for an experienced ocean and air freight forwarding Senior Sales Executive for my client based near Derby; this is an exciting opportunity to work a global leading freight forwarding logistics company who are offering a negotiable and competitive salary/package for the right candidate.
As the Senior Sales Executive you will be responsible in contacting new businesses and prospecting the supply chain and logistics solutions that my client offers; this will primarily be done via telephone communication.
You will be focussing your attention on clients who import into the UK and clients who export globally. It is essential you have previous freight forwarding sales experience, either via air or sea with a proven track record of winning business.
My client is extremely well known globally within the freight forwarding industry, they are a company that professionals from this sector want to work for! They have the credibility and a reputation that allows them to continue to expand within the UK and worldwide using their global infrastructure of partnerships and agents.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Target & secure medium to large size prospects
- Identify and meet potential clients and decision makers by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased profitable business, via phone, email and face to face communications
- Follow up and respond to sales leads and routing orders generated by overseas partners
- Achieve agreed number of face to face meetings per month with prospects and existing clients
- Build close and effective working relationships with a network of contacts within prospective customers
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements and solutions globally
- Make recommendations to management relating to forecasting/budgeting and pipeline strategy
- Remain engaged with customer to maintain relationship and ensure ongoing success of account
- Proven track record within air and ocean freight forwarding business development/sales is essential
- Highly credible individual with strong communication skills and the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Confident in meeting with senior stakeholders and decision makers and pitching to them
- Proven ability of creating long-term relationships with key decision makers and overseas partners
- Motivated by working towards and achieving KPI's and targets
- A good understanding of creating and managing an innovative strategic sales pipeline
- Commercially and financially astute with the ability to work at pace
- Tenacious, self-motivated and results orientated individual
- Good verbal and written communication, to provide a professional image to customers and suppliers
- The capacity to work in a high-pressure environment whilst remaining calm when under pressure
SALARY AND COMMISSION HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
*PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE A PROVEN TRACK RECORD IN FREIGHT FORWARDING BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT*
Please send your cv and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***