My client is currently looking for a proven/ senior/ distinguished Accountant as my client has had an extraordinary year they are looking employ a Senior Accountant to join their growing team.
The main responsibility of the role is to produce and process accurate and timely figures, building effective working relationship with clients and colleagues, and assist in the continued success of the firm. Also willing to pay for education toward professional qualification.
This is a senior role and enough experience is essential.
Salary: £29,000- £35,000
Responsibilities of the role:
- Assisting with Audit assignments.
- Providing support to clients and colleagues, and other miscellaneous office administrative duties, as needed.
- Support with Corporate and Personal tax issues and dealing with HMRC.
- Liaising with clients, acting as point of contact for enquiries.
- Responsible for compiling statutory accounts and managing monthly accounts.
- Preparation of VAT returns, bookkeeping, management accounts.
- Responsible for preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships, LLP's and Ltd Co's.
- Such other duties as may reasonably fall within the scope of the job and/or which may be assigned occasionally.
The ideal candidate:
- Good team experience.
- Will have excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work to tight deadlines - well organised.
- Proactive approach and initiative.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Have experience of Xero / Quickbooks / Sage software.
- Experience & knowledge of VAT
- Market rate salary or above
- For this level there are 22 days holiday entitlement + Bank Holidays + Christmas Closure week
- Financial support for professional qualifications and paid study leave
- Exam bonuses
- Professional membership / subscription fees paid
- EAP scheme
- Flexible working
- New client / employee bonus scheme
- 4pm finish Friday
- Dress for your diary Fridays
- Full office refurbishment underway
- Family-friendly policies (enhanced maternity/paternity/shared parental pay, no qualifying length of service required for parental leave)
- Company sick pay
- Social diary and paid-for events
- Christmas Event
- Unlimited hot drinks
- GCSE or equivalent qualification in Mathematics and English at Grade C / 4 or above
- AAT level experience / qualification (or studying towards)
- CIMA/ACCA/ ACA qualified will be favourable
If you are interested in the role and have the experience and qualifications, then I want to hear from you! Contact me on 0116 251 6171 or via email on