Job Title: Senior Support Worker
Job holder responsible to: Housing Coordinator
About the Job: Deliver and support Housing Support Workers to deliver person centred support in a safe and secure environment, with a focus on promoting independence.
This is what we need you to do:
- ? Act as keyworker for an agreed number of young people.
- ? Provide high quality, reflective supervision which provides clear direction, challenge, and support to ensure our young people's needs are met appropriately and in line with their individual support plans.
- ? Co-produce and implement individual support plans, in line with the wishes of the individual and the requirements of the contract.
- ? Carry out regular reviews of support plans.
- ? To contribute to the ongoing assessment and planning for young people placed
- ? To contribute to risk assessments on all young people referred or placed within our clients homes.
- ? Support access and engagement in training, education, employment, or volunteering or with practical activities which promoted and develop learning, social skills, healthy lifestyles, arts and culture, aiming to broaden horizons and raise aspirations.
- ? Maintain a high standard of record keeping and ensure that appropriate administrative procedures are adhered to.
- ? Carry out necessary health and safety checks as required.
- ? To attend meetings in support of young people and ensure high quality and consistent representation is maintained.
- ? To proactively engage and build relationships with local agencies/professionals.
- ? Promote the protection of young people by following our clients Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
- ? Maintain high levels of health, safety, and cleanliness across all sites by carrying out regular checks and taking appropriate action in a timely manner.
- ? Ensure that client confidentiality is maintained in accordance with organisational policy and the law, liaising with senior colleagues, as necessary.
- ? Identify gaps in provision and opportunities to deliver projects that add value and enhance housing service delivery.
- ? Demonstrate clear decision making, and problem solving to ensure effective risk management, planning, and good outcomes for our young people.
- ? Provide management oversight of which evidence understanding of risk and ensure all decision making is recorded on the young person's electronic record.
- ? Ensure all properties are maintained to a high standard and comply with Health and Safety regulations taking any necessary action to ensure compliance and safety.
- ? Support the management team to meet key performance indicators as determined by Directors.
- ? Support the management team to quality assure the work of the team as outlined in the quality assurance framework and contribute to further developments of the framework.
- ? Ensure there is compliance within the team regarding adherence to our clients policies and procedures.
- ? Support the management team to manage the budget.
- ? Engage service users in the design and development of the service.
- ? At all times, promote and safeguard the welfare of our young people.
- ? The post holder will be required to work outside of office hours, including early morning, evenings and at weekends to respond to the individual needs of our young people.
- ? This position is subject to an enhanced Child and Adult Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- ? You need to hold a current, full driving licence which is valid for driving in the UK and have access to your own vehicle or be able to travel across the County in a timely way.
- ? The post will involve working out of normal office hours at times including management cover for out of hours services.
- ? Where required, participate in sleep-in rota across all delivery sites for which an additional payment will be made.
If this is the role for you please apply