East Sussex - Senior Support Worker Learning Disabilities -
Our client near Crowborough are looking for a Senior Support Worker. You will be responsible for providing support to service users with learning disabilities in line with their support plan and identifying the needs of service users and giving effective support. You will also supervise support staff within your team and ensuring there is an efficient running of service.
Main Tasks of the Job:
- To lead support plans by overseeing that staff follow support plans for each service user.
- To ensure that staff provide, personal and emotional support to service users` health and wellbeing and keeping them safe from health.
- Assisting staff to support service users` complex needs and vulnerabilities.
- To oversee that day-to-day administration of medication is in line with service users` requirements.
- To work in conjunction with health care professionals to enable service users` to maintain good health.
- Experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities within a residential / semi-independent setting
- Should have QCF level 3 in Care or have the willingness to undertake a vocational. qualification which will be funded by client.
- Experience of leading / supervising a team
- Knowledge of issues relating to safeguarding adults.
- Must have positive attitude towards the rights of service users with care.
- Can be adaptable to change.
- Must have possession of full driving licence.
If you are an experience senior support worker or and support worker looking for your next step and are local to the Crowborough area and passionate about enabling independence with your service users then this is the role for you.
Please apply online or call me (Kelly) on 0208 9181420 to discuss the role further. If suitable we will then arrange for an interview with the service.