Senior Support Worker - Harrow - £18,981
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a business who is passionate about assisting vulnerable individuals with learning disabilities all over the UK. Currently seeking a Senior Support Worker based in Harrow.
You`ll be providing mentoring, peer support and will be assisting with the development and day to day management of support staff. Tasks may include overseeing running of shifts, making changes rosters in line with changing needs. Contributing to ongoing improvements and developments. Assisting with performance management - (recruitment, probation, supervision, appraisals, learning and development, conduct and attendance etc). Ensuring staff has access to appropriate learning development opportunities. Ensuring expenditure is within agreed costings in line with annual budget.
The ideal candidate with possess the following skills qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of legislative framework/ regulatory requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of Autism Spectrum disorders
- Good understanding of principles of health and safety
- Previous experience working with individuals with Learning Disabilities ideally Autism
- Previous experience supervising teams - desirable but not essential
- relevant level 2/3 qualification within Social Care
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate, particularly with Word and Excel and databases
- Must have a drivers license
If you feel you`re suitable for this role or just have general enquiry then please send your CV over to me at or contact me directly on 0208 380 8183.
BS Social Care work with a range of services on both a temporary and permanent basis, if this role is not for you but you have experience within Social Care then please don`t hesitate to get in touch to see what else we may have available for you.