I am recruiting for a Senior Tax Analyst working for a company who specialise in helping businesses in Canada save money with research and development (R&D) tax relief. This position is offering an overall package of up to £38000 and remote based working.
My client is UK based who specialise in the Canadian Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax relief scheme, they have helped their clients save multimillions of Canadian dollars in tax relief by researching and analysing their businesses, projects and expenditure. These businesses are innovative, technical, IT, scientific so being able to understand complicated businesses will be essential.
This is a varied and fast paced position where you will be responsible for analysing the costs attributed to the clients SR&ED projects; you will be tasked with ensuring that technical compliance is in line with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) (similar to the UK's HMRC) legislation and accounting policies before submitting the reports and tax returns on behalf of your client, ensuring they are processed in line with CRA legislation and guidelines.
As you will be working with clients based in Canada, you will need to be flexible with your working hours as there will be occasions where you will need to be available to work 5pm-1am shifts, flexible working options are offered to support you with this.
- Analyse costs related to clients SR&ED projects from information provided to you from the internal Client Business Analysts
- Submit final tax relief/credit reports on behalf of your clients to the CRA
- Being a go to person as a specialist within the department, offering coaching and development advice to the Tax Analysts
- Complete cost summaries and tax return amendments for your clients and make further recommendations if needed
- Take an active role with CRA investigations, including research, problem solving and client communications
- Communicate and instruct, effectively and accurately with the client and internal and external stakeholders regarding technical aspects of a claim
- Work quickly to communicate any department or individual issues to ensure the team is aware of the risk.
- Conducting and feeding back quality reviews as appropriate to the reviewee and managers
- Providing guidance, support and assistance with handling complaints in the department
- Working towards agreed daily, weekly and monthly individual/ team targets (on average 8 submissions a week to the CRA)
- 1 year+ experience within a finance/numerical analytical based position
- Flexible with working hours (3 evenings a week which could be until 1am)
- Knowledge of UK or Canada Tax OR previous experience working as an Analyst i.e. data analyst, finance analyst, compliance/audit
- Knowledge/experience of corporate tax and/or Research and Development (R&D) would be beneficial
- Relevant qualification/degree would be beneficial (ATT, CPA, CTP, CFA, finance/accounting, mathematics, engineering, science, economics, business etc.)
- Experience of following strict legislation and guidelines would be ideal
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients and internal departments in a professional and technically competent manner
- Strong analytical and attention to detail skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work at pace and under pressure
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Methodical, systematic approach to problem solving
- Team working skills with the ability to collaborate with others
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE ABOVE PERSON SPECIFICATION***
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Overall package £32-38k depending on experience
- Monday - Friday 35 hour working week with negotiable hours
- Remote based working option
- Genuine opportunities of real career progression
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes 25 days plus all bank holidays
If you are and interested in this position, please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 6333888.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours your cv has not been selected***