We are currently recruiting for a Senior Web Developer to join a law enforcement organisation based in North West London.
Your main duties will include:
- Design, architect & develop web-based systems in accordance with the requirements of the company, ensuring software solutions are delivered to users within timescales and quality expected
- Work as part of a team involved in all stages of the application lifecycle including the design, development and testing of custom, web-based, software solutions to the agreed specifications and timescales, including mentoring of Junior Software Developers
- Be part of a team responsible for the maintenance, hosting and technical support of the Force's external systems and numerous internally hosted systems including the Force's corporate Intranet
- Design, creation, testing and documenting of new and amended programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards
- You will be educated to degree level or equivalent experience and accredited to ITIL Foundation Level or higher
- Previous exposure and practice using C# and ASP.NET, MVC in a commercial environment
- Previous practice using object orientated techniques
- Knowledge of designing and developing ntier applications
- Previously worked as part of a web/software development team
- You will have extensive knowledge of software development tools, techniques and lifecycle
- You will have good knowledge of ITIL IT Service Management methodology or equivalent discipline and of software development tools, techniques and life cycle
- Ability to debug and resolve complex technical issues or user queries in timely manner
- Ability to work within a team and support crossteam work pattern when required
- Practical exposure working in a self managed environment with responsibility for delivery to tight deadlines
- Ability to learn new technologies as and when needed
- Ability to create and maintain Technical documentation of a high standard.
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbally, with all levels of the organization, both to technical and non-technical staff
Software knowledge requirements:
- .NET Framework and Web Services, Extensive Experience
- ASP.NET and .NET programming languages, Extensive Experience
- MS Internet Information services (IIS), Extensive Experience
- MS Sharepoint Development, Web Parts and Workflows, Subject matter depth and breadth
- MS Windows Server 2003/2008, Working Experience
- Networking concepts (incl. security, firewalls and TCP/IP), Working Experience
- SQL Server Data Base Administration, Working Experience
Please note: Due to the employment checks carried out by this organisation, you must have been in the UK for the last 5 years and have not spent more than 6 months at one time out of the UK in this 5 year period.
Apply now to be considered for this rare opportunity to join a leading law enforcement government organisation!