Service Desk Technical Lead- circa £28k - £30k depending on experience
Are you an experienced IT Service Desk professional looking to move into a role with a forward-thinking company?
Are you available to work flexible hours including some night shifts?
Brook Street is delighted to present the opportunity to work for an innovative software and technology company specialising in payment solutions. Having operated for over 30 years my client, based in the Southampton area, provide a wide range of front and back office software solutions to their clients. As a result of both continued expansion and the continued development of their client base, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Service Desk Technical Lead to join their team.
About the job:
The Technical Lead will take on a senior position in the Service Desk team and as such will be expected to provide the following:
- Providing expert knowledge to our client's sales support team and working with the product managers & Prep to ensure the smooth transitions of all Installations
- Providing post install and snagging support.
- High level Technical Support to the Service Department.
- Providing basic training documentation on new products
- Providing Training and Support to all Service Teams.
- Providing documentation and processes to improve how the Service Desk support our client's products.
- Providing Flexible hours of cover over a 7 day week, to ensure our client has support when necessary, this will on occasion involve evenings and overnight support of installations or rollouts.
- Working closely with the account managers and handling technical escalations.
- Working independently to investigate and diagnose in depth technical issues.
Due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will need to be flexible and be able to work within a shift rota which will operate on a 24/7 basis.
Who's right for the job?
The Service Desk Technical Lead will have:
- 2-3 years IT experience required
- Experience supporting IT systems to a high level preferred but not required in retail or fuel POS/BOS/EFT systems.
- Windows 7/10 Support
- Any knowledge of embedded Windows 7 or IOT Windows 10 would be beneficial
- Windows Active Directory/domain experience
- Experience installing Windows updates (Windows 7/10)
- Experience setting up and or using Centralised Antivirus Software.
- Task automation and simplification using scripting such as PowerShell.
- A good understanding of networking: equipment, protocols and concepts (Switches, Routers, Firewalls, LAN, WAN,Firewalls,TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Knowledge of basic SQL scripting would be beneficial
- Solid troubleshooting skills.
- Awareness of Security, development and IT services best practices (PCI:DSS, ITIL)
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with a competitive salary circa £28k per annum, depending on experience.
Let's get started!
For more information please contact Ben G at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV .