* * * * * SERVICE MANAGER - LEAVING CARE * * * * *
SALARY: £25,000 Pro rata (On Going Temporary Position)
Do you have experience in a Managerial role within Mental Health or the Leaving Care sectors?
Are you looking to take the next step in your career?
If the answer is YES then look no further - this FANTASTIC opportunity could be for you!
BS Social Care is a national organisation, specialising in the recruitment of professionals within the Health and Social Care sector. We are currently working alongside a renowned, national Care provider of learning disabilities and mental health services throughout the UK in their recruitment of a Temporary Service Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of excellent support and will manage an established staff team including the direct line management of the Team Leader and Support Workers.
You will join an ever growing, influential and well respected organisation that provide support for adults with complex care needs. You will work effectively, leading a qualified and committed team of support staff to deliver care that promotes choice, independence and well being; delegating duties to ensure the smooth running of each individual supported living setting.
As a Service Manager you will need to promote an enabling environment, ensuring high standards of care and practice are achieved. You will provide management, advice and support to motivate the teams you will be working with, to ensure those who use the service are able to live as independent as possible. You will further be expected to communicate professionally and warmly with families, professionals and other external providers to positively influence and maintain the company`s reputation.
Your daily duties will include:
- Managing the day-to-day running of the services
- Ensuring that the emotional, physical, medical and material needs of the service users are recognised, assessed and met
- Overseeing the recruitment, appointment and deployment of care staff
- Ensuring that legislation and regulations are complied with, and advising where action is required
- Being responsible for the monitoring and control of day-to-day expenditure
- Preparing budgets and monthly cash flow reports and to ensure that adequate accounting and financial records systems are in operation
The successful candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 4/5 or above in Leadership and Management or Health & Social Care
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar managerial role supporting adults with mental health
- Management experience supporting adults within a mental health setting
If this sounds like you then apply NOW as immediate interviews are available!