We are working with a fantastic Furniture manufacturing company based in Gainsborough who are looking for an experienced Sewing Machinist to start with them on a full time permanent basis.
They require someone with previous experience of upholstery sewing machining with a good knowledge of different types of seams and fabric types. The right candidate needs to be able to produce high quality work at an acceptable rate of output. The company is small but very busy so a practical, hands on approach is required along with a good ethic for teamwork.
This is a full time position working Monday to Friday 8 - 4.30 with half an hour lunch.
* Operating a range of industrial and semi industrial sewing machines, including twin needle machine is an essential requirement for this role
* Assisting with the cutting out of fabrics to patterns
* Assisting colleagues with gluing and foaming would be an advantage. Training can be given
* Immediately report all discovered damage or faults in components, or finished product, to the upholstery supervisor
* Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and co-workers
* Maintain high standard of factory cleanliness and housekeeping
* Report all accidents/incidents immediately
* Follow all safety rules, regulations and procedures
If you believe you have the right skills and experience for this role, please apply online or call Becky on 01522 528115 for further information