Our client is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills, to work as a SHE Solicitor within one of the largest Regulatory SHE firms in Newcastle.
- Working within our Newcastle Regulatory - SHE Team you will both assist senior fee earners and run your own defence case load encompassing a range of regulatory issues with supervision and support from partners and associates
- The work will include managing a range of contentious and non-contentious regulatory issues for a variety of clients.
- The lawyer will be required to handle a varied workload in accordance with client protocols with supervision.
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- Demonstrate sound file management - to include compliance with the client`s protocols and any client protocols as required; consistent and accurate billing and credit control; management of WIP and file closures; updating Management Information
- Assume responsibility for quality control and benchmark compliance on own caseload, including accuracy and timeliness of management reporting and information
- Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year
- Employ a consistent approach to achieving individual targets of financial performance including realisation rates
- Maintain an understanding of other practice areas and an active internal network with other fee earners, associates and partners across the firm and ensure that own profile is maintained within the firm to facilitate cross-referral of work and support the firm`s integrated services strategy
- Assist with business development activities with a view to establishing new revenue streams for the firm. Where appropriate assist in the preparation and delivery of pitches, presentations and training events.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3-6 PQE Solicitor with experience gained within a regulatory and commercially focused environment.
- Some experience of regulatory work - ideally, this will include advising on any of the following - health and safety incident investigations, interviews under caution, prosecutions, environmental breaches, breaches of trading standards, food law and/or fire safety. Candidates with experience of financial services regulation will also be considered. Inquest experience is beneficial.
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an `academic` approach to legal issues.
- Willingness to travel at short notice in order to assist clients to manage situations on the ground as they happen
- Demonstrate knowledge and technical skills as well as a commercial understanding of the client`s business
- Display a willingness (and ideally previous experience) of business development activities
- The ability to deliver services to our clients which are both of high quality and value for money
- Excellent legal drafting, analytical and negotiating skills
- Demonstrate ability and exceed budgetary requirements in terms of both time and fee income
- Proactive and energetic with a tenacious approach to identifying issues and solving problems
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Team oriented. A collegiate approach to sharing knowledge and working with both senior and junior colleagues across different locations and practice groups is essential
-IT literate with good knowledge of Word and Excel.
Job type: Permanent
Salary: Dependant on experience
Hours: Full Time