The role will provide support to the shipping department to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of Port Agency activities, together with providing an efficient and excellent service to customers and colleagues.
- Daily communication with Principals, Ships Masters, Port Authorities and other stakeholders.
- Maintaining communication and control through all phases of the journey.
- Working closely with customers, colleagues and third parties to ensure smooth operations to deadlines.
- To ensure agency activities are implemented in a safe, efficient manner and to the requirements of the port/and principals' requirements.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation, completion and despatch of routine vessel and cargo documentation to various parties.
- Assist in local port services and husbandry requirements on behalf of Ships' Masters, owners and crew.
- Order port services with guidance/instruction from the Agency & Chartering Manager.
- Accurately calculate pro-forma port costs and husbandry costs.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with ship owners, charterers, and shore side personnel/port authorities.
- As and when requested travel to and work from other port locations
To support the Agency and Team in:
- Bids and quotations for new business opportunities.
- The identification and delivery of agency / chartering contracts.
- Reports and analysis of various products, companies, projects.
- Plan, deliver and record all work undertaken using Group systems as directed.
- Communicate effectively and promptly with colleagues, customers, and suppliers.
- Deliver excellent customer service.
- Work flexibly
- Ensure compliance with the organisations group health & safety requirements and all relevant current health & safety legislation.
- Work within the Company's Group's policies, procedures, and values.
- Identify opportunities to increase and improve services to new and existing customers.
- Perform any other duties as reasonably requested by management.
Experience, Qualifications and skills needed:
- Previous Experience of working in a shipping agency/forwarding environment.
- Knowledge of Agents On Line (AOL) National Maritime Single Window reporting.
- Light Dues, Ordering procedure for Towage Boatmen Pilots.
- Ability to drive and hold valid (full) licence is essential as frequent travel between sites and vessels will be required (car allowance provided).
- Import/ Export procedure - requirements.
- Chamber of Commerce, procedures - requirements.