Brook Street are recruiting for a great opportunity in Purfleet with great potential to grow within your career.
The purpose of this role will be to construct quality shore excursion programmes which consistently deliver high levels of passenger satisfaction and to maximise revenue and profit. The Shore Excursion Product Manager will be required to work within a team environment and have the ability to work on their own initiative. They will need strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to work under pressure and manage their own priorities.
- Good research skills with a strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels within the organisation and with local suppliers.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programmes.
- Ideally experience within the cruise industry and in a shore excursion management contracting role.
- Extensive knowledge of worldwide cruise destinations and places of historical / cultural interest ashore.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To be the main point of contact and liaison with the appointed excursion team.
- To prepare ship cruise planners by deadlines.
- Once ship cruise planners are finalised, to advise Shore Excursion Executive to prepare pre-reg forms and on line cruise planners and to then check and authorise these prior to going live.
- To review sales and waitlists regularly and advise the Shore Excursion Executive of action required.
- To maintain frequent communication with the Shorex Manager and Shore Excursion Agents during the course of each cruise and in the event of late minute alterations to the published itinerary or excursion programme, assist and agree shore excursion amendments where necessary, in liaison with HOD.
- To check all End of Cruise documentation received is correct and follows processes in place.
- To update all budget files where appropriate.
- To review and reconcile incoming invoices from Shorex Agents.
- To review and revert on any post-cruise guest complaints or queries for the assigned ships.
- To monitor the working processes of the on-board excursion teams and ensure they are followed.
- To keep an inventory check of stationary stocks on board and ensure distribution when required, advising HOD of low stocks in a timely manner for these to be replenished.
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs.
A minimum 22 days per annum, increasing to 28 days according to length of service, including bank holiday.
- A workplace pension scheme will be offered after three months continuous service.
- Free on-site car parking.
- Newly refurbished office.
- Discounts on selected travel services.
- Excellent training opportunities - including the chance to cruise.
If this is something of interest to you then please contact me on: 01245 493533 and ask for Chanel, OR email me your CV