CQC (Care Quality Commission) - Sighted Assistant for CQC Policy Officer - Part-Time
Location: Leeds City Centre
2 days per week - Days may vary: 9-5 (14 hours)
This is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with a CQC Policy Officer as a sighted assistant. We are seeking someone who is passionate about supporting people and able to demonstrate their experience of administration, organisation and working in a way that identifies barriers and finds solutions for people they work with.
The role will be working on a 1:1 basis with a CQC Policy Officer, helping them to deliver their specialist role and supporting them with tasks and duties that require their input. It is role that is focused on empowering and enabling the Policy Officer to deliver high-quality and effective policy programmes and tasks. The work will be varied and we are looking for someone who can be flexible but also manage multiple and competing priorities.
Role and Responsibilities
- The role will directly support the work of the Policy Officer, they will also work with and be supported by our Directorate Support team to help meet their role and be consistent with CQC processes and practices
- To assist the Policy Officer in the task of reviewing reports, preparing evidence and content as part of their areas of responsibility in the policy team
- To assist the Policy Officer by facilitating the accessibility of resources, including adapting or amending documents as needed, and supporting the Policy Officer?s access to training materials.
- Undertake all mandatory and other identified training to support own development.
- Demonstrate application of CQC Values and Behaviours in all interactions, raising awareness and improving practice in respect of Equality and Diversity and promotion of Human Rights within the workplace.
Summary of role
- To provide high quality, effective administrative support for CQC Policy Officer
- To assist in completing tasks essential to the delivery of high-quality regulatory policy activities
- To assist CQC Policy Officer in visits to offices, stakeholder meetings and other activities that require travel and engagement.
- To assist in proof reading and preparing content in email, correspondence and documents
- Attend meetings on Microsoft Teams - take notes and highlight priorities
- To actively engage with all parts of the CQC, internal and external stakeholders, that contribute to the delivery of a successful policy role.
We are looking for someone who can bring;
- Experience of supporting others
- A good understanding of disability and impact
- Excellent IT skills particularly using remote working methods
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing work patterns
- A range of interpersonal and engagement skills
Essential - to include
- High standard of communication in English Language
- Experience of note taking skills and proof reading
- Ability to relate to and communicate with people at all levels and in multiple settings
- Strong organisational skills, under the direction of the Policy Officer to be able to manage conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
- To assist the Policy Officer to plan and deliver workload.
- Support the Policy Officer?s planning, work allocation and prioritisation of activity.
- Under the direction of the Policy Officer to be able to work accurately and deliver high quality outputs within agreed timescales
- Excellent IT skills particularly in the use of Teams, Sharepoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience of using databases and collating and presenting information in a variety of formats to suit audience.
- Assist in managing complex workload with competing deadlines.
Please click apply if you feel you have the right skill set and experience!
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not receive a response in 7 days then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful