We're seeking Site Operatives to provide support for Covid-19 lateral flow test at the HM Passport Office in Southport. The Site Operative is a participant-facing role responsible for supporting the participant through the end-to-end testing experience and supporting wider site operations. Working across a number of positions, key activities include managing social distancing through orderly queuing, supporting participants through registration, providing verbal guidance on the testing process and regular cleaning of the site. The safety of the workforce and participants is the foremost priority for all testing operations; full PPE and strict infection control measures will be employed to ensure a safe working environment at all times
As a Site Operative, you will:
- Ensure social distancing is maintained in participant queuing areas and identifies and asks symptomatic participants to leave the site
- Greets participants at arrival, asking them to sanitise hands and ensure the participant is eligible for testing
- Directs participants to available testing stations and then the following completion of swabbing
- Provide verbal instruction on how to complete self-swabbing
- Deals with participants queries, and supports participants with accessibility requirements as appropriate
- Supports general site set up and maintenance, including supplies management, and regular cleaning of testing stations throughout the site.
- Experience in fast-paced, participant-facing environments
- Experience working with members of the public/patients, preferably including crowd control
- Experience working at events and leisure, hospitality
Desired Skills and Traits
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills - facilitating the ability to give clear and concise instructions
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly - providing support across different roles where necessary
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Fairly digitally savvy
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and physically stand for several hours
- Full training for the role mentioned above will be provided.
- Location: HM Passport Office, Southport
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9-5
- Rate of pay: £10.88
- If you wish to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your CV.