Role - Production Operative Slicer (Night Shift)
Location - Leeds
Shift Hours - 7.00pm - 4.00am
Salary - £21,879.26
Training - Training period will be no more than 6 months.
You will play a key role in ensuring that the safety, quality and legality of the companies products are achieved and maintained to the highest standards at all times. You will be responsible for working with Supervisors & Team leaders to ensure the smooth running of the day to day operations to fulfil the business and department targets.
Main duties include:
- To ensure at start up that there are no safety issues with the machine by checking it thoroughly.
- To check products and materials against the required quality standards and temperature to ensure they meet specifications.
- To be in control of make weights and ensuring that the giveaway percentage is below 1%.
- To ensure that the quality of the product after it has been sliced is of high quality.
- Under the guidance of Area Supervisor/ Team Leader, ensure that each product specification is followed, and any anomalies are reported immediately.
- To adhere to rules and regulations and good practices with regard to health and safety, food hygiene and quality standards.
- Train and understand the slicer operation and ensure maximum efficiency and yields are achieved.
- Help the line leader with tasks to assist in the running of the production line.
- Ensure all webs are stocked, loaded and maintained thought-out the shift, while recording the correct information as required.
- To ensure that any production targets set by the Area Supervisor/ Team Leader are met; or if this is not possible, shortfalls are reported to the relevant person in a timely manner.
- To maintain a clean and tidy area (work, changing room, canteen etc), meeting both safety and hygiene regulations of the site.
- Carry out training commensurate with the area including regular refresher/update training as and when required.
- To report any equipment defects immediately to the Area Supervisor/Team Leader.
- To assist during internal/ external audits as required.
- To promote equal opportunities
- Mentor new employees within the Department.
- To maintain high levels of work performance including attendance, timekeeping etc.
- Undertake any training that may be required or desirable
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as and when required
- To contribute and participate in projects that may be outside your usual remit as requested and agreed by Management/Site Director.
What`s needed from you?
- A proven track record of your brilliance is essential. If you have demonstrable experience in a similar role, we`d love to speak with you!
- We are ideally looking for a candidate with a `can do` attitude with experience in Production (Ideally Food, but not essential) and who would like to pursue and grow a successful career with our client`s business. You must be a great team player and be a confident communicator.
- You must have an interest in personal growth and willingness to learn.
- You should also have a high degree of competency in communication, responsiveness, multitasking, and be comfortable working under pressure.
This is fantastic opportunity for anyone looking for a great career with a well-established company.
If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you. SUBMIT YOUR CV NOW