Our client is a global FinTech leader, pioneers of structured documents for corporate trade.
They have undergone a major strategic review which has resulted in an exciting new opening for a permanent Full-Stack Senior Java Developer located at based at their global headquarters in Surrey, with remote working offered.
This technical role will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of our existing and new SaaS solution used to deliver services to global corporate clients. In addition to completing technical design and development work, the individual will take the lead technical role in a scrum team to mentor and review work undertaken by other team members, both internal and near-shore / outsourced.
For this role, we are looking for a genuine technology full-stack, all-rounder with a background in the design and development of B2B online, web-based solutions but with solid hands on experience working alongside an offshore development team, either within the IT department of a corporate, a software based product company, or bespoke software development house.
Responsibilities - Software Design and Development
- Part of in-house development team, working alongside other Dev Leads.
- Mentoring and coaching junior developers to ensure best practice and quality.
- Work collaboratively with near-shore development partners to develop code and represent Company's interests to ensure they get quality and value for money from deliverables provided by company partners
- Fully hands on and willing to undertake development work as part of a scrum team, providing support to other developers to ensure deliverables are delivered to time, quality and cost.
- Support the Head of Technical Architecture and Security to agree the appropriate coding design and industry best practice and ensure they are successfully implemented
This will include recommendations to re-factor existing code and/or introduction of new developer framework components.
- Work closely with the respective Product Owners and Business Analysts to help define, refine and elaborate detailed technical requirements.
- Being part of Agile Development project teams, possibly working on multiple projects in parallel.
- Willing to work on our legacy code applications as well as new applications utilising modern technologies and frameworks.
- Provide 3rd Line support to Global Support Team in case of production incidents that require developer support to analyse and resolve.
Skills and Experience (E)ssential, (D)esirable
- Previous experience working for a software product, SaaS company or software development house (E)
Demonstrable hands-on experience working with both Front-End and Back-End technologies (E)
- Front-End Technologies : o
o CSS (E)
o AngularJS (1.x) or AngularTS (2+) (E)
o Bootstrap (E)
o HTML (D)
o Struts (D)
- Back-End Technologies o
o Spring Framework (E)
o JUnit and UI testing (E)
o XML/XPATH/XSLT (E)
o Apache Camel (D)
o ActiveMQ (D)
o Tomcat (D)
o Windows Server (D)
o MS SQL (D)
o Oracle (D)
o Splunk (D)
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies such as Kanban/Agile (E) and tools such as Jira and Confluence (E)
- Experience working as a Developer Lead managing an agile development team using Scrum and Kanban (E)
- Experience working with remote/offshore Development Teams (E)
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Ability to articulate technical issues clearly and concisely with both on-shore and off-shore Development Teams (E)
Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively and the ability to present oneself in a calm, professional manner whilst under time and schedule pressure (E)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills (E)
Fluent English (E)
- Team player. Comfortable working in a small company environment and "hands-on" in the sense of doing what needs to be done in a small organisation
- *Awareness of typical security techniques employed by online, web-based service providers
- * Understanding of Web Application security and encryption techniques