Software Architect - circa £60k - £65k depending on experience
Are you an experienced Software Architect looking to move into a role with a forward-thinking company?
Do you have Strong experience working with C# and Microsoft .Net Framework?
Brook Street is delighted to present the opportunity to work for an innovative software and technology company specialising in payment solutions. Having operated for over 30 years my client, based in the Southampton area, provide a wide range of front and back office software solutions to their clients. As a result of both continued expansion and the continued development of their client base, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Software Architect to join their team.
About the job:
The Software Architect will have opportunities to work on different technologies and to expand skills and knowledge. Experience in the retail or loyalty sector would be advantageous. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing software company with strong ambitions and to bring your own skills and ideas to the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing, implementing and reviewing architectural solutions
- Setting and ensuring the right standards are expected and delivered
- Leading the new and ongoing development on key systems for both internal and external stakeholders
- Responding to customer incidents and resolving service-affecting issues
- Coach, support, and mentor developers to improve over time
- Promoting a strong adherence to standards and oversight - practice and guidance
- Promoting a team culture and continuous improvement
- Identifying improvements, planning and estimating work, designing architectures and implementing solutions
Who's right for the job?
Our client is looking for an experienced, dynamic and driven Software Architect to be part of the team that leads the technical design of their software projects. They are looking for eager, self-motivated individuals who thrive on learning and problem solving, who are up for a challenge and want to make a difference. They are looking for the right candidate to bring their knowledge and experience to help them both develop new solutions and influence the maintenance of solutions for both internal and external stakeholders.
As a minimum, to be successful in this role you will:
- Strong experience working with C# and Microsoft .Net Framework / .Net Core using SOLID principles or a good understanding of how to apply them
- Excellent communication skills, recognising influence over authority
- Excellent documentation skills, using both written and diagrammatic mediums to enable developers to easily deliver soundly architected, reliable, performant and secure solutions.
- Good level of experience of working with RESTful Web APIs
- In depth understanding of dependency injection and IoC
- Excellent understanding of Unit testing
- Professional experience working with source control and CI tools such as team city
Ideally you will possess the following technical skills:
- Some experience of AWS, notably Lambda and serverless development would be advantageous
- A working knowledge of firewalls, networking, and DNS would be advantageous
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with a competitive salary circa £60k per annum, depending on experience.
You spend most of your week at work so your well-being and work-life balance is a priority to our client. They are committed to your development; your expertise is their knowledge. They are also committed to caring for you; their canteen has free coffee, vending machines, beanbags and if you are working late, they'll treat you to free pizza. Table tennis, a pool table and relaxed break-out area along with eye care vouchers, free flu vaccinations, on-site parking, shower and free coffee machines are all part of life working for our client. They've even got electric car charging stations for all their staff to use should you drive an electric or hybrid vehicle. They also offer their staff flexible start and finish times as your well-being and work-life balance is key. With a casual dress code, a range of sandwich vans, as well as the weekly curry van, our client's employee's love working there and we feel you will too.
In addition to the above you will receive opportunities for personal and professional development, employee assistance and insurance, company pension scheme with a free annual review, bonus incentives, and community social events!
Let's get started!
For more information please contact Ben G at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV to Ben.Grice(at)brookstreet.co.uk.