The Software Developer within the organisation will be responsible for the design, development and deployment of software application used across the organisation. The post holder will be highly proficient developing web applications with PHP, developing databases and be familiar with configuring/using webservers (IIS/Apache). Knowledge of the SilverStripe CMS would be advantageous. The post holder will be proficient with modern software development methodologies including agile. They will be proficient with version control and the development of software test cases. Working as part of the Digital team the post holder will be a software development specialist with experience of the full software development lifecycle, designing databases and systems in support of business operations. The post holder will establish productive working relationship with colleagues within the organisation to facilitate the successful delivery of software solutions.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience (Desirable MSc).
- Extensive experience developing applications with the following technologies, PHP, Xml, AJAX, CSS, HTML, Web Service and API development, SQL Server and MySql, IIS and/or apache.
- Knowledge of the SilverStripe CMS would be advantageous.
- Experience using source control systems and developing software within a team.
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle encompassing the design, development and implementation of software applications.
- Proven experience of software development role in a formal development environment.
- Evidence of planning and organisational skills, including ability to lead software developments, delegate work to other team members, solve problems and make decisions proactively.
- Excellent understanding of systems analysis and software design methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience in software system design, specification and software development.
- Experience in designing, developing and querying large corporate databases.
- Proven track record of successfully introducing new software systems and associated services.
This is a temporary ongoing role, working for an employer based in North Cardiff. There is free parking on site but it is expected this role will be a remote working/hybrid working opportunity.
- Great pay rate
- Up to 35 days holiday inc. bank holidays
- Weekly pay
- Excellent employer with the prospect of permanent or fixed-term work
Please apply now!