I am recruiting for an experienced Software Developer/Software Engineer for my client who has an office in Swadlincote, after 6 months there will be flexibility to work in either this office or the Birmingham one which is close to the airport.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global business that is a market leader within their industry and is offering a salary of up to £45,000 plus some fantastic benefits.
Working very closely with the manager and a software developer in the USA, you will be responsible for creating and developing appropriate software systems to enhance the services the company offer. This will include system development, web development, application development, installation builds, bug fixing and individual testing.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Create and develop appropriate software systems
- Assist the team in updating code and enhancing relevant software
- Help develop a suite of commercial applications
- Responsible for some web development projects
- Updating existing development projects
- Bug fixing
- Installation builds
- Complete individual testing on development projects
TECH STACK INFO
What is the tech stack being used?
Mostly VB.NET 2018
Some C# 2
1 application in Visual Basic 6
What is the tech stack they want?
Ability to modify existing
Web Services technology
Also open to new ideas and suggestions
- If basing yourself in the Birmingham office long term, you must be able to commute to Swadlincote 5 days a week for the first 6 months (expenses will be paid)
- 3+ years previous experience in a similar role
- Commercial development experience
- Previous experience working of C#, VB.NET, AutoCAD, InstallShield and Microsoft SQL Server applications is essential
- Analytical thought processes and problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate effectively via all platforms including telephone, email and face to face
- The ability to prioritise work and manage your own workload
- The desire to offer optimum service and see an issue through to a conclusion to deliver results
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team in all areas of the project lifecycle
- Stable work history, be able to explain reasons for leaving previous positions
- Punctual, reliable and experience of working well within a team
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL SKILLS IDEALLY REQUIRED:
- Entity Framework
- WCF Service
- Angular 7
- .NET Core
- Strong mathematic capabilities
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE AND ARE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THIS VIA YOUR CV AND AN INTERVIEW***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Up to £45000 salary based on experience
- Flexibility to work in Birmingham after initial 6 month period based in Swadlincote
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Monday - Friday - 37.5 hour working week
- Onsite parking
- Pension scheme
- Free gym membership (Birmingham)
- Health care & dental care scheme
- Childcare vouchers
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your CV and call Adam or charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your CV has not been selected on this occasion***