Job Title - Software Development Engineer
Location - Cambridge
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Software Development Engineer
This is a contract role based in Cambridge for 3 months (Max contract duration 18 months)
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: £77,200 plus 5% end of contract bonus depending on experience
Job Description / Responsibilities:
* The successful candidate will join a Machine Learning research team and will contribute key components to extend existing game experimentation environments and improve team agility
* You will work alongside researchers and engineers to define and develop new Reinforcement Learning experimentation environments based on modern video games such as Minecraft / Project Malmo
* Work is organised into two-week sprints where each sprint you would be expected to work with the rest of the team to identify and prioritise the tasks required to run upcoming experiments smoothly. Types of tasks range from implementing new functionality in existing experimentation environments to improving the processes of running new experiments. There would be periodic syncs with other teams across organisation to share knowledge and provide feedback on tooling.
* Educated to BSc or master`s level in Computing, Software Engineering, or a related discipline, or provable equivalent experience in industry.
* 5+ years of experience in software development, with a proven track record of taking projects from ideation to minimal viable product.
* 3+ years of experience with Java is required, additional experience with Python is a plus.
* Basic experience with virtualization and Docker is required, extensive experience is a plus.
and pick up new technologies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication.
* We are looking for an individual with a strong interest in Machine Learning research, but they need not be an expert.
* Java application development and deployment.
* Application deployment via Docker or VMs
* The technologies needed for the role and how these technologies are used in the role.
* Docker for deploying simulator environments for Reinforcement Learning
* Java for maintaining, modifying and creating simulator environments
* Python for deploying experiments to Azure
Deadline for CV submission: 4.00pm on Tuesday 18th February