Job Title - Software Development Engineer
Location - Cambridge
Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Software Development Engineer
This is a contract role based in Cambridge for 3 months (Max contract duration 18 months)
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, discounted gym membership, use of the onsite health facility, access to online learning and training, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
Salary: £81,441 plus 5% end of contract bonus depending on experience
Job Description / Responsibilities:
The Game Intelligence group at seeking applications for a highly motivated Software Development Engineer with strong interest in game development and reinforcement learning (RL). The successful applicant will work alongside prominent researchers and experienced engineers with one of our game studios on developing novel, RL-based, game experiences in their new title. This will include working on the game engine code to prepare it to run RL experiments, running cutting-edge RL algorithms and participating in the development of cloud infrastructure needed to run large scale RL tasks.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced game developer with an interest in machine learning to join an interdisciplinary team and generate high impact. Working with the world`s best researchers and research engineers, this role gives you the opportunity to be at the bleeding edge of our rapidly evolving technological world.
* As a part of the team you will be working with world-class researchers, engineers, and design experts, to generate novel ideas with opportunities to showcase novel machine learning techniques in a AAA video game
* You will be responsible for both modifying the game engine code to allow it to be driven by RL agents and for writing python code necessary to run RL experiments
* As a part of your job you will develop novel game scenarios and prototypes, ranging from environments for testing out research ideas to public prototypes and high-fidelity demonstrations
* You will be responsible for planning your delivery and ensure the team can efficiently leverage the results of your work
* Educated to BSc (required) or Masters (desired) level in Game Development, Software Engineering, or a related area.
* Proven industry experience working with AAA games (C++)
* Hands-on knowledge of Python and C++.
* Familiarity with Azure services and/or other cloud platforms and technology is a plus, as is familiarity with Linux/Unix.
* Experience and or motivation to learn about in machine learning, including reinforcement learning.
* Strong communication skills and demonstratable ability to elicit project requirements and focus on priorities and impact.
* Ability to effectively work and collaborate within a multidisciplinary team.
Deadline for CV submission: 4.00pm on Tuesday 18th February