Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit a Software Engineer. This is a contract role based in London for 4 - 5 months.
Salary: Up to £360.00 per day depending on skills and experience
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Full time - 8 hours per day. Expected to be roughly 10.00-18.00 each day although some flexibility to account for PST work at times.
- Daily interaction with engineers in the team with a peer assigned to ramp up and bring into the team process. Close interaction with sponsor (formally at least twice a week).
- Tasks will be initially around design and then fully own the implementation of the design to extend our end to end test framework. Expected to have accountability and ownership of his / her day to day work.
- No travel / expenses expected
Software Engineer Requirements:
- 5+ years professional software development
- Must be able to work individually with limited supervision but also as part of an agile scrum team, contributing to all agile rituals. Clear communication skills (verbal and written).
- Success will be measure by successful onboarding of end to end testing by engineering teams in Product Insights.
- Previous experience of Microsoft tooling, build systems and test frameworks is useful but not required
- Application design patterns and anti-patterns
- Agile dev ops experience including building CI/CD pipelines
- Implementing messaging patterns and application integration techniques
- Design and interaction with databases / data stores
- Experience developing for cloud (Azure preferred)
- End to end test frameworks and automation
- Familiarity with TestCafe
- Experience with Azure and Azure DevOps
- Mobile device testing (real and emulated)
Deadline for applications: Monday 14th October at 12:00pm