My client is a market leading innovation company who are looking for a Software Test Engineer to compile and execute software test plans and provide production training support as part of the Software Engineering Team.
System and Product Software Testing
- Work with manufacturing and software engineers to compile test plans
- Create and run test plans to cover End User Testing (EUT)
- Test plans to cover system functional testing
- Plan EUT and software release with production
- Identify and meet all system and product software test criteria.
Process Automation Improvements
- Manage automated test solutions for production processes
- Management of test plans: Creation, tracking, updates and reports
- Provide training to other departments as required
- Support for Production and Manufacturing Engineering teams
- Observe and promote safe working practices at all times
- Ensure compliance with the company QMS
- Protect company IP in line with agreed strategy
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Project Manager
Who are you:
- Must have a strong background in a methodical approach to testing.
- Have experience in producing clear and detailed test reports.
- Experience in running test scripts and automated processes.
- Experience of test at module and at system level.
- Strong awareness of testing networked systems.
- Experience of practical testing/working within an engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills appropriate to a highly technical environment.
- Strong independent worker, aware of the need to adhere to company architecture.
- Able to fault find software issues with end users. (E.g. Production Technicians.)
- Knowledge of commercial grade test tools
- Knowledge of Python
- Have worked in a manufacturing environment.
- SQL Server experience.
- Power shell experience.
- Build & release server experience.
- Agile experience.
Start Date ASAP, working hours will be 37.5 hours per week
Due to the site rules the successful candidate must be a non-smoker/Vaper
If you are interested in this role, please contact Vanessa at 02380 683 444 or apply now