I am recruiting for an R&D Specialist Tax Consultant / Business Research Analyst, working remotely. This position is offering a basic salary of £40,000 with an overall package of up to £48,000 plus a company car or car allowance.
My client are Research and Development (R&D) tax specialists; they have helped their clients save multimillions in tax relief by researching and analysing their businesses, projects and expenditure. These businesses are innovative, technical, IT, scientific so being able to understand complicated businesses and information will be essential. You'll be joining at an exciting time, with the business undergoing significant growth with many additional benefits to soon be introduced!
This is a client facing role which involves meeting with businesses and consulting, researching and analysing the client's projects/activities and expenditure; working under government guidelines you will then create a technical narrative report which will be submitted to the HMRC.
On average you will conduct 5 virtual OR face to face client meetings a week (these will have been booked for you) and then you will create narrative reports from your in-depth research and analysis you have completed in the meetings explaining what tax relief the client is entitled to.
*In depth training will be provided, no previous knowledge of or R&D is required*
- Develop a strong understanding of government guidelines / legislation and HMRC guidance in regard to R&D activity (previous knowledge of this is not required)
- Meet with senior business owners/leaders virtually and complete in-depth business/project consultation and analysis
- Put together professional reports in a narrative format to include areas such as strategies, reports, briefings, expenditure, benefits
- Conduct overall business analysis including discussions about the shape of a client's business and the internal processes within it to establish qualifying projects (purpose, problems, solutions, time frames)
- Evaluating qualifying R&D activity present in relation to HMRC guidance and legislation
- Reviewing and interpreting the organisation's financial accounts
- Formulating a report on key activity and associated qualifying costs
- Thoroughly documenting activity on the company's internal systems
***Current team consists of law graduates, PHD graduates, accountants, R&D specialists and project managers so different backgrounds will be considered***
Experience of one or more of following would be beneficial:
- Quantitative and qualitative research experience
- Experience within a field of science or technology (this could be degree related)
- Experience working in sectors where R&D is prevalent (e.g. software, manufacturing, technology)
- Experience of working with financial documentation
- Experience of creating professional, well written narrative reports from data/information you have researched
- FULL UK driving licence
- Technically minded
- Strong analytical skills
- Client facing (virtual) engagement experience
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional and technically competent manner
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior business owners/leaders
- Strong verbal and written communication proficiency and proven ability to guide stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Attention to detail and robust organisational skills - including time management
- Methodical, systematic approach to problem solving
- Team working skills - along with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others from a wide range of backgrounds
- Willingness to learn
**PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE ABOVE PERSON SPECIFICATION **
SALARY AND BENEFITS
-Basic salary of £40k, including bonuses, the overall package is £48k
-Company car or car allowance
-Evening hours, Monday - Friday 35 hour working
-In depth training to be successful in the role
-Opportunity to progress within the business
-Training courses available for upskilling/development
-Early Finish on Fridays!
-Charity giving scheme
-Fantastic working culture
-Generous holiday entitlement which includes 25 days plus all bank holidays
-Company mobile phone and laptop
If you are and interested in this position, please send your cv and Ben Worsley will contact you.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours your cv has not been selected***