Brook Street Social Care is currently recruiting for Staff Nurse's. Reporting to the Senior Staff Nurse / Nurse Manager you will become a vital member of the nursing team who is responsible for carrying out duties within the programme of patient care.
To gain successful consideration for this role you will have;
- RGN/RMN Qualification.
- NMC Registration.
- Current PREPP, Primary Nursing, Care Planning and The Patients Charter.
- Dealing with problems associated with the elderly.
- Ability to work set hours, flexible to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Good General Health (medically fit).
- Must have a good command of written and spoken English and a valid work permit.
- 1 year's experience in a similar role (Desirable).
- Nursing of the Elderly in a Nursing Home Setting (Desirable).
- Management skills needed for a care team (Desirable).
Reporting to the Senior Staff Nurse / Nurse Manager who will assist with your development within this role you will be responsible for (not an exhaustive list);
- Maintain standards in line with the Patient Charter of Rights & Nursing Home Minimum Standards.
- Works within the NMC Professional Code of Conduct complying with all legal and statutory requirements outlined.
- Admits patients into the Home. Assess & develop care plans using the RLT module of nursing.
- Review nutrition, continence, skin viability and risks regarding falls and use of cot sides.
- Liaise with relevant authorities i.e. Speech and Language Therapists, O.T., Physios etc.
- Organise patient appointments outside the Home - ensures suitable transport/escort is in place.
- Ensures that all patients receive the care identified in their care plans and that it is carried out to the highest standard.
- Ensure that care plans are completed and evaluated regularly meeting needs of the resident.
- Collects specimens including bloods and sends to laboratory.
- Maintains enteral feeding tubes and replaces as necessary.
- Ensures that nursing procedures and treatments are understood by staff and are carried out according to established policies and procedures.
- Observes and reports on patient's health status and maintains a high standard of record keeping and documentation by complying with the NMC Standards for Record Keeping.
- Ensures nursing care priorities are met and manages auxiliary staff in the non-nursing duties, when time permits these duties to be carried out".
- Adheres to regulations outlined in the Controlled Drugs Act and the policy entitled "Custody, Storage and Administration of Drugs and Medicine's.
- Liaises with the named worker, G.P. and relatives in continuing care of the patients.
- Liaises with Community Nursing Services to ensure satisfactory integrated care program per patient.
- Complies with all infection control measures operating within the Home.
- Remain fully compliant with the Company's policies & procedures.
- Preserves confidentiality always.
- Administrative & Personnel responsibilities apply (available upon request)
Please click on the "APPLY" link to forward your CV for consideration all applications will be treated with strict confidentiality or alternatively call Robbie on 02890 881100 to discuss further.