My Guildford based client is seeking a Dispatch Operator, you will be responsible for efficiently managing inventory, including product piece Parts, finished product and for completion of all required UK and Export shipping documentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Issue to purchase orders in a timely manner, the correct free issue parts in the required quantities, pack them in the correct fashion and dispatch these parts to the specified supplier. Undertake stock counts of inventory items as requested by the Operations and Management team, facilitating a quick response from Operations to the Sales team
- Receive and locate correctly all stock items.
- Quickly and efficiently handle queries from shop floor staff and other departments in relation to inventory
- Monitor stock levels of consumable items and raise purchase requisitions as required to ensure timely receipt to maintain the minimum stock levels
- Archive, shipment documentation to ensure availability for future reference
- Pack and label piece parts and products in line with company procedures and customer expectations and then raise pick lists to ensure the product can be dispatched in a timely fashion
- Produce all shipping documentation to ensure goods are transferred to couriers in accordance with current UK and export shipping regulations.
Manual handling experience
2 year experience of working in a despatch/goods in environment
Strong team work background, can do attitude.
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Ability to work with detailed information in a structured fashion
Excellent communication and numeracy skills
Ability to follow both written and verbal instruction
Understanding of Health & Safety issues
Understanding of 5S, Lean advantageous.
Conscientious and hardworking individual who has the ability to work effectively in a fast moving environment, whilst maintaining accuracy at all times
Ability to work to tight deadlines and to deal with several issues at once
Excellent benefits including free on-site parking, pension, health-care and career development - Interested? please apply today, call Lisa on 01483 700 500 or email your cv .