My client is currently seeking to expand its Street Works Team by recruiting Street Works Administrators to support the company's expansion and the associated additional street works noticing and permitting requirements.
The successful candidates will report to the Street Works Manager, be office based (occasionally working from home) and be responsible for:
- Submission of all appropriate Street Works Notices and Permits via Symology, Street Manager or other notice/permit systems.
- Assessing permit applications from operations staff to ensure all works are compliant with legislation and appropriate permit scheme conditions.
- Receiving and recording timely starts, stops, and register activities to avoid financial penalty.
- Liaising with operations staff and Local Authorities to facilitate applications for road closures, portable traffic signals or other supporting criteria required for successful permit applications.
- Managing requests for early starts/extensions/amendments required for notices/permits.
- Monitoring permit comments and challenges and other 'in progress' matters received from Local Authorities.
- Receiving, investigating, and actioning S74s, FPNs, defects and other noticing/permitting matters.
- Managing defects by way of arranging remedial notices/permits, booking JSIs and ensuring timely responses to NRASWA Sec 72 defect inspection timescales.
- Meticulous in updating and running reports associated with street works performance and financial penalty tracking.
- Influencing and promoting consistent street works back office improvement, quality, and performance
- Supporting Street Works Manager
Successful candidates will have strong IT literacy, a good knowledge of Microsoft packages and be confident in writing, reporting and presenting street works data at all levels. They will also bring a methodical, positive can-do team working attitude to positively influence others.
The successful applicant requires:
- Previous noticing/permitting experience
- Good communication and IT skills with a professional attitude.
- Knowledge of the utility industry is an advantage
If you are interested in this role, please contact Vanessa at 0748 393 1811 or apply now