Brook Street is currently working to recruit a Chartered Structural Engineer for our Belfast client.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Structural Engineer with excellent design, technical, and software skills that enjoys working collaboratively in multi-professional design teams, taking responsibility for projects from inception to completion to achieve outstanding results.
* Project design, management and technical delivery.
* Regular liaison with clients and wider design teams.
* Providing regular updates in relation to the planning, design and supervision of projects.
* Managing project and commercial risks.
* Monitoring work outputs and project costs to ensuring projects are completed in a timely and cost effective way
* Preparing reports, designs and drawings
* Making calculations about loads and stresses
* Selecting appropriate construction materials
* Providing technical advice
* Obtaining planning and/or building regulations approval
* Liaising with relevant professional staff such as architects
* Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors
* Administering contracts
* Managing projects
* Inspecting properties to check conditions/foundations
* Applicants must be educated to degree level in Structural Engineering and have a minimum of 2/3 years experience
* A sound knowledge of AutoCAD is essential
* A working knowledge of Revit would be a distinct advantage.
* Strong technical and interpersonal skills
Salary would be determined at interview based on previous experience - circa £30-35K
Please send CV via the link