I am recruiting for a Student Support Co-ordinator working for a University campus based in Birmingham City Centre. My client is offering a salary of up to £21000 and a fantastic benefits package.
You will be part of the Student Support team where you will be responsible for the end-to-end support of students, focusing on the student experience, progression and retention, offering proactive support, advice, information and guidance to students from the point of enrolment through to graduation. This role may involve travel to other campuses on the rare occasion (driving not essential).
You will need to have previous administration experience, be a customer focussed individual and very organised, able to spin multiple plates, have exceptional attention to detail and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Welcoming new students, building rapport and supporting them through induction and transition to study.
- Handling enquiries and providing prompt and accurate administrative and operational support and advice to students (face to face, via telephone, email and/or other mediums) relating to their studies.
- Providing pastoral support and guidance, particularly to those who are vulnerable
- Liaising with tutors to ensure a co-ordinated approach to the support available to students.
- Using internal systems to handle student data in accordance with data protection policies and practice, maintaining accurate records
- Proactively undertaking regular monitoring and reporting on student progress and attendance
- Providing prompt and accurate information to students regarding their study and counselling them on their progress.
- Promoting opportunities for students to engage with co-curricular activities e.g. careers seminars/webinars.
- Previous experience in an administrative customer focused support environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask and prioritise
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Comfortable dealing with sensitive situations
- Strong self-motivation, with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Experience/knowledge of working in an educational environment would be beneficial but certainly not essential
- Stable work history, be able to explain reasons for leaving previous positions
- Punctual, reliable and a team player
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE AND ARE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THIS VIA YOUR CV AND AN INTERVIEW***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Up to £21000 basic salary dependant on experience
- 37 hours Monday - Friday working week
- 25 days rising to 30 days paid holiday + all Bank Holidays off (38 days holiday from April 2020!!)
- Additional time off for Christmas shut down!
- Attractive pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Casual dress policy
- Travel season ticket
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your CV and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your CV has not been selected on this occasion***