I am recruiting for a Student Support Team Leader working for a University campus based in Birmingham City Centre. My client is offering a salary of up to £28000 and a fantastic benefits package.
As the Team Leader for the Student Support department you will be responsible for line managing 3 Student Support Coordinators. The department offer end-to-end support for students, offering advice, information and guidance to students from the point of enrolment through to graduation.
You will be the first point of escalations, will manage the team`s performance, conduct 1-1`s and performance reviews, offer ongoing training and coaching and ensure the smooth running of the department, analysing, reporting and resolving key metrics to make sure the best service is offered to the Universities students.
You will need to have previous managerial/supervising experience within the education sector (University, College, School) and be a customer focussed individual, very organised, able to spin multiple plates, have exceptional attention to detail and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Line manage 3 Student Support Coordinators which will include performance reviews, absences and welfare queries
- Offer ongoing support, development and training to the team
- Complete departmental analysis and reporting on findings i.e. identify gaps or shortfalls in information and search for information and resolutions
- Monitor and maintain records/reports to meet both internal and external requirements
- Provide specialist advice and recommendations to colleagues and students
- Resolve a range of standard and unforeseen issues/escalations
- Plan and organise the teams activities and duties, ensuring both deadlines and customer expectations are met
- Communicate and build working relationships with key contacts from other departments and external bodies
- Previous experience working in the education sector is essential (University, College, School)
- Previous management or supervisory experience involving performance management is essential
- Experience of training, coaching and developing colleagues
- Understanding the importance of delivering the very best customer service
- Experience in analysing departmental performance, drawing conclusions and finding resolutions in areas that fall short of the expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask and prioritise
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Comfortable dealing with sensitive situations
- Stable work history, be able to explain reasons for leaving previous positions
- Punctual, reliable and a team player
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITHIN EDUCATION AND TEAM MANAGEMENT***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Up to £28000 basic salary dependant on experience
- 37 hours Monday - Friday working week
- 30 days paid holiday + all Bank Holidays off (38 days holiday from April 2020!!)
- Additional time off for Christmas shut down!
- Attractive pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Casual dress policy
- Travel season ticket
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your CV and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your CV has not been selected on this occasion***