I am recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager for my client who are based in West Bromwich, working for a market leading containment systems business within the Roads & Security sector.
As a Supply Chain Manager, you'll oversee and manage every stage of the production flow, from purchasing the raw materials to the delivery of the final product. You'll ensure the right amount of product is made at the right time as well as coordinate the storage of the product and manage inventories.
- Work closely with Sales, Contracts Management and drawing office to ensure work is delivered in a timely and profitable manner
- Work with buyers to source the right products
- Work alongside Manufacturing to ensure parts are costed correctly within AX
- Create a physical inventory process and counting team to manage inventory accuracy and stock takes
- Control manufacturing and delivery processes using works order processes
- Plan and implement production strategy, ensuring targets are met
- Source and manage sub-contract processes including Laser processing > Galvanizing > Painting
- Manage and motivate a team of supply chain staff
- Improve the overall supply chain performance and look for any possible innovations to the process
- Develop new and existing relationships with suppliers
- Manage and minimise the risks that could affect or interrupt the supply chain
- Work with other departments to support the introduction of Microsoft AX across the site in line within the wider group
Purpose of the role
To manage and control the production and supply output of the site
- Experience in a purchasing and production environment
- Experience of steel and aluminium production
- Inventory control
- Negotiation skills
- Planning skills
- Team building experience
Please contact Ben or Lauren for more information on this fantastic role!