Brook Street are currently recruiting on behalf of our global IT client to recruit an experienced Support Engineer who is passionate for cloud and security technologies to be part of a team that supports a product impacting tens of thousands of customers.
This is a contract role to start ASAP until 31st December 2021.
The role will be based in Reading/remotely.
The salary offered is up to £110,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (MDE) is a platform designed to help enterprise networks prevent, detect, investigate, and respond to advanced threats.
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint has recently made it to Gartner`s MQ - do you want to be part of supporting the leading edge solution?
If you are excellent teammate, looking to work in a live, dynamic environment and have passionate about Security just as much as about to help Customers, than you should consider joining to CSS EMEA Security Support team!
- Scope and resolve complex issues with onboarding, deployment and configuration of products
- Advise and educate customers on the features and capabilities of our products
- Interpret and analyze log data to troubleshoot issues in customer environments involving cloud, server, endpoint and network infrastructure
- Communicate solutions and recommendations to the customer and ensure that customers have the information and tools to address similar issues in the future
- Collaborate and coordinate with other teams and experts to tailor the best solution for customer issues
- Perform activities necessary to quickly mitigate outages and service interruptions in the customer`s environment by recommending and implementing workarounds
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of product roadmaps and emerging technologies
- Investigate and communicate incident root cause to customers
- Participate in an on-call rotation when required
- Develop, document, and implement runbooks for training, process standardization, and guidance on how to troubleshoot effectively
- Enjoy providing the highest level of customer experience
- Are smart, intellectually curious and posses strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Seek a challenging work experience, have strong collaborative skills and extensive cross-group coordination skills
- Want to learn and gain greater expertise in their field
- Enjoy working at a growth company with advancement opportunities
- Can work hard while having fun and act in an honest and ethical manner.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and negotiation skills
- Are able to work in a high pace environment with many competing priorities and randomization anad have the ability to translate complex technical processes into simple to follow written guides
The ideal candidate will be required to have either a Technical Degree or adequate practical experience on the following Technologies:
- Minimum 3+ years experience with Anti-Malware technologies and/or Systems Administration with focus on security (this should include experience with endpoint security, server security and threat analytics)
- Minimum 3+ years customer facing support experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the internals of the Windows Operating System fundamentals (Processor, Memory, Processes and Registry) and/or Network Technologies (TCP/IP, VPN, Proxy)
- Hands-on knowledge in cloud technologies
- Experience supporting large and complex geographically distributed enterprise environments with 1000+ users
Skills on one of the following technologies will be considered a strong competitive asset:
- Linux and/or Mac administration
- Experience with scripting and/or programming
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Windows Client, Active Directory and/or Azure Active Directory administration
Deadline for applications: Friday 26th February 2021