I am recruiting for a Support Line Officer to work for an extremely well known, reputable and invaluable terminal illness care charity; this is a fantastic opportunity to work in a role where your help and support makes a real difference to people's lives and my client is offering a salary of up to £17300 per annum
You will be offering high quality information and support through the Charities National Support Line, helping those with, or affected by terminal illness, and meeting agreed service and individual performance targets. You will be answering enquiries by phone, web chat, and other channels.
You will respond to an array of enquiries from people with a terminal illness or from their family, friends or professionals, sometimes before a diagnosis, all the way through to end of life and bereavement.
Options for 35, 28 or 21 hours
Your hours of work are organised via the planned rota (provided at least four weeks in advance) to cover the operational hours of the Information Support line. (8.00 am - 6.00 pm Monday to Friday and 11 am to 5pm Saturday, and 11 am to 5 pm on occasional Sundays. Bank holiday working is also included as well as Christmas.
You will be working for a long standing, well known and established charity that operate on a national level and offer in home and hospice care and support to people with a terminal illness and their families.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Provide professional, accurate and non-judgemental support and information about terminal illness and related topics to enquirers via a range of channels including telephone, web chat and social media
- Respond sensitively, using empathy, active listening and other Helpline techniques, such as mirroring and paraphrasing, to support enquirers who may be in distress due to emotive circumstances
- Manage enquiries about suicidal ideation/ intention and safeguarding following organisational procedures and policies at all times
- Signpost enquirers to alternative sources of information and support where necessary
- Moderate the Online Community Forum and help support users who have not received a response to their post
- Attend monthly group and individual sessions with a counselling supervisor to share best practise with colleagues and to maintain good health and wellbeing
- Flexible with working hours
- A customer focussed individual
- Experienced within administration and customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional listening skills & telephone communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Must be a genuine, conscientious, patient and ethical in nature
- Be able to show empathy on phone and via written communication
- Adaptable approach to meet client needs (e.g. Sensitivity, patience, friendliness, empathy and efficiency)
- Attention to detail and strong data inputting skills
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY YOU IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE AND ARE OPEN TO WORKING FLEXIBLE SHIFTS ***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Up to £17300 annual salary
- 33 Days holiday including bank holidays*
- Subsidised canteen
- Modern and friendly working environment
- Car parking
- Progression opportunities
*This position will require bank holiday working, if you work a bank holiday, you will receive the day in lieu at another time.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS ROLE? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your CV and call Charlie or Adam on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***